2010-11 Sixers News And Notes
Tonight at Boston: The Sixers are looking to win two straight vs. Boston for the first time since a three-game span in 2006-07 seven of the past nine meetings have been decided by four or fewer points Elton Brand is averaging 14.3 points, 10.3 rebounds and 2.00 blocks against the Celtics this season.
Wednesday vs New York: A total of two points separates the teams over the three games this season with Philly leading the series 2-1 the Sixers have won 10 of their past 12 home games vs. New York Elton Brand is averaging 27.0 points on 64.6% shooting against the Knicks this season.
Friday vs Toronto: The Sixers lost the first two games to Toronto but won the last meeting by 23 points back in February Elton Brand has played in two of the three games vs. the Raptors this season and is averaging a team-high 20.5 points.
Monday vs Orlando: Philly will attempt to win two games in the same season vs. Orlando for the first time since 2004-05 the Sixers are holding the Magic to 95.7 points per game this season after Orlando averaged 120.0 ppg against them in 2009-10.
Wednesday vs Detroit: The Sixers close out the 2010-11 regular season at home against the Pistons on Fan Appreciation Night the teams split the first two meetings, with Philly winning by 16 points at home back in February Andre Iguodala didnt play in the loss but had 21 points, 11 assists and 7 rebounds in the win.
- The Sixers are currently the sixth seed in the Eastern Conference and would face Boston if the playoffs started today Philly can finish no lower than the seventh seed.
- Since starting the season 3-13, the Sixers have gone 37-24 Philly is 40-37 overall this season after winning 27 games all of last season the Sixers havent finished a season above .500 since going 43-39 in 2004-05.
- Philly is 25-12 at home this season after going 12-29 in 2009-10 the 25 wins ties for the most at home since going 29-12 in 2000-01 the Sixers will play their final four games at home.
- The Sixers have played 10 overtime games this season, twice as many as they did in 2009-10 it is the most overtime games in a single season by Philly since playing 14 in 1990-91.
- Philly has held the opposition below 100 points in each of the past four games the Sixers are 34-13 when holding opponents below 100 points this season and are allowing 97.5 ppg, down from 101.6 in 2009-10.
- The Sixers have outrebounded their opponent in seven of the past 10 games after failing to do so in eight of the nine games prior.
- A total of 2.3 points per game separates the Sixers leading scorer (Elton Brand, 14.9 ppg) from their fifth leading scorer (Thaddeus Young, 12.6 ppg) Philly has six players averaging 10+ points this season.
- Elton Brand has scored 20+ points in each of the past two games after doing so twice the 25 games prior he has scored 20+ points 14 times overall this season.
- Since the start of January, Andre Iguodala is averaging 7.0 assists after averaging 5.5 apg from October through December he ranks ninth in the NBA with a 3.08 assist-to-turnover ratio.
- Over the past five games, Jrue Holiday is averaging 19.2 points on 52.1% shooting he has two double-doubles over the past three games and 13 overall this season after having two as a rookie.
- Jodie Meeks is one of five players (Ray Allen, Mike Bibby, Richard Jefferson, Stephen Curry) who rank Top-15 in the league in both 3-pointers made and 3-point shooting percentage.
- Over the past eight games, Thaddeus Young is averaging 16.6 points on 56.1% shooting he has scored 20+ points in three of the past four games.
- Spencer Hawes has scored 10+ points in six of the past seven games the Sixers are 14-6 when he scores in double-figures this season.
- Craig Brackins has returned from his third and final stint in the D-League in 18 games for the Springfield Armor, he averaged 20.1 points, 8.6 rebounds and 1.9 assists.
- Today, the Sixers signed veteran guard Antonio Daniels to help fill the void left by Lou Williams who is out with a strained right hamstring Daniels was originally the fourth overall pick by Vancouver in the 1997 NBA Draft and has played 12 seasons, averaging 7.6 points, 3.4 assists and 1.9 rebounds he won a championship with San Antonio in 1999.